- Affordable care options, and
- A patient may have had some minor falls, which they neglected to mention to family members.
- A patient may have difficulty reaching in the kitchen, which limits their cooking/diet.
- Vision changes or fear of falling may have led to the patient “sponge bathing” because of concerns in the bath or shower.
- We gather initial information over the phone and make an appointment for the care manager to visit the patient in his/her environment. The care manager assesses problems and concerns and discusses the best approach to the situation.
- The care manager completes a thorough medical, financial, and social history. This information is compiled via consultations with the patient, spouse, family members, physicians, support services, and other professionals as indicated.
- We then create a complete medical file that includes confirmation of diagnoses and medications and the medical history.
- We create a financial history that includes an insurance review (health, long-term care, etc.). Legal documents including any advance directives are ascertained and referrals made for review or completion of legal documents/services. Finances are reviewed if requested, or in the event a client requires budgeting of services.
- We establish a social history, including a review of the patient’s current social support network.
- We thoroughly evaluate the current living arrangement, including the need for adaptive devices and environmental modifications, or the move to a different environment or care facility.
- We evaluate the patient’s ability to complete activities of daily living (i.e. shower/bathe, dress, prepare meals, move, etc.).
- We evaluate the patient’s cognitive abilities.
- We compile a formal report from this data with specific recommendations to improve the patient’s quality of life. We provide the report to all relevant parties and review it with them. Referrals to various professionals, services, and programs are included in the report, as appropriate.
- Finally, we develop a plan of care that may include the care manager’s assistance with recommendations/specific projects or ongoing monitoring and assistance. The family, of course, may implement the care plan.
“If (my friend) had had the unlimited assistance of family and friends all this time, the results could not have been any better. I am profoundly grateful to Umbrella for what they have accomplished.”
“(Umbrella) was able to find a resource for my mother who was at a distance in a way that I would never have been able to find it. Because of Umbrella, I was able to get peace of mind.”
“Getting Medicaid for my mother was a very confusing process for us. The answers that (Umbrella) provided really helped me and directed me to the right path.”
”Umbrella they took my problems away... and really came through for us. It’s been just marvelous. Their service was fantastic and way above average. I am so glad I found them.”
“My father was declined from our preferred nursing home because he has Alzheimer’s and he has some physical aggression. Barbara dug into the matter and changed that, which allowed my father to spend his final days in a nursing home much closer to us than had we not enlisted Umbrella’s help.”
“An Umbrella team member resolved my problems for me in a professional expedited manner; Umbrella exceeded all of my expectations!”
It has been a very good experience with (Umbrella). It’s wonderful to have their help.
“5 Stars is not enough! If I could give Umbrella 10 Stars I would! Barbara has angel wings and has opened so many doors for me and my brother. EVERYONE in their lifetime should meet someone like Barbara.”
“Umbrella got me through the Medicaid process in very short order, and even coordinated with the local nursing homes to find my father the most appropriate facility without unnecessary delay. It just made my life so much easier. I have nothing but good things to say about Umbrella Care Management; they’re all absolutely fantastic.”
”We just needed someone to help us navigate everything that was going, and to act as an advocate for mom since none of us could be there. My mother liked Barbara right away, and she was very helpful to all of us.”
“Umbrella has been fabulous. They are an absolute godsend.”
“She’s just really the perfect mix of someone who can get things done and someone who brings her heart with her. Barbara saved my life.”
“Umbrella's team is very knowledgeable and respectful of my mother’s wishes. We are having a very good experience with Umbrella Care Management.”
”My experience with Umbrella was the best ever! They were wonderful.”
”Umbrella is there to help me navigate through the processes, the paperwork, the placement, the medical issues, and my own anxiety. I don’t know what I would do without their help.”
”Umbrella Care Management... is very professional and responsive. They always go above and beyond.”
“... an Umbrella care manager helped us get everything wrapped up in just two weeks. She made the whole process go smoothly, and her follow-through was excellent. It was just really a good experience.”
“I highly recommend Umbrella for any help you may need with dealing with an aging parent or elderly person. I am so grateful and feel blessed that Umbrella happened into my mother and I’s life!”
“Not only has (Umbrella Care Management) steered my aunt (who lives in New York City) through the healthcare system and subsequent therapy so that she is now back in her own apartment, but the caregivers have also become very kind and trusted confidants to her.”
Robin Cooke-HurleUnited Kingdom
“Umbrella Care Management definitely goes over and above what it has to do to help. The team is wonderful in helping people with their elderly care.”
”The care managers are excellent with hands-on materials and answered all my questions every step of the way. I don’t know what I would have done without them.”
“(when) my mom and dad became very ill... I had nowhere to turn and had no idea where to even start. Umbrella Care Management has helped us every step of the way.”